- Enjoy a guided tour through the Scottish capital, Edinburgh
- Travel to Queen's View for spectacular views over Loch Tummel
- Tour Blair Castle and its gardens
- Ride the worlds greatest railway journey on the legendary Jacobite steam rain
- Steam alongside the River Spey on the vintage Strathspey Steam Railway
- Spot wildlife at Highland Wildlife Park
Scotland thrives with locks, glens and sparkling burns. Explore Edinburgh and witness these ragged landscapes by rail aboard legendary steam trains.
from $1789 pp twin share
- Edinburgh's old Town is the perfect place to give yourself the spooks - ghost tours are a popular attraction.
- Channel your inner Scot, and enjoy a drink at the hotels alehouse.
- Itinerary subject to change
- Tipping and porterage not included
- Recommended tip for tour manager: £2 per person, per day
- Guided by an expert Rail Discoveries tour manager
- Six nights accommodation in centrally-located 3-4-star hotels
- Handcrafted itinerary with all the must-see sights
- Scenic travel by rail and coach
- 8 meals - 6 breakfasts and 2 dinners
- Local guides for a personalised experience
- Group transfers to and from the airport on day of arrival and departure
Only inches separate the living from the dead, and nowhere is this truer than in Edinburgh’s haunted Old Town. Teeming with shocking tales, why not scare yourself on a ghost tour and learn of the city’s ghoulish underbelly. The collision of past and present in Edinburgh is unlike anywhere else in Europe. You’ll meet your tour manager and other travelling guests before checking into your hotel.
Stay: Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge
For a truly Scottish experience, be sure to mull over the distinctive character of a Blair Atholl 12 Year Old single malt whiskey, have a pint or swap stories over a wee dram at the hotel's alehouse.
This morning, enjoy Edinburgh's Georgian architecture on a guided walking tour through the Old Town and Royal Mile. Then, see the Queen’s official residence, Holyroodhouse and Greyfriars Statue Church and Graveyard. Afterwards, head by train to Blair Atholl, a town renowned for its fantastic scenery and royal heritage. On arrival, you'll check into your baronial-style stone hotel before dinner.
Stay: Four Nights, Blair Atholl, Atholl Arms Hotel
One of the most iconic panoramas in Scotland awaits! You’re off to Queen’s View, a famous vantage point on the eastern edge of Loch Tummel. Be certain your camera is charged, as this is one of the country’s most photographed areas. In Pitlochry, enjoy free time before you make your way to Blair Castle. Once gatekeeper to the Scottish Highlands, discover its turbulent history on a tour. After viewing some of its unique rooms, take a walk around Diana’s Grove and the restored Hercules Garden – both frequently used in film and television.
Today, follow in the tracks of the wizards before you on the Jacobite steam train (aka the Hogwarts Express). On one of the world's most scenic railway lines, journey through impressive landscapes as the train crosses over the Glenfinnan viaduct. You'll also hear tales of the battles fought by the Jacobite clansmen in the late 17th and 18th centuries. Enjoy panoramic views of this wild corner of the world before passing through Arisaig and Mallaig.
Steam through the Scottish Highlands aboard the Strathspey Steam Railway. On this restored section of the original Highland Railway Line, enjoy a nostalgic experience of the 1950s. As you travel over heathery moors and the River Spey, the scenery of the Cairngorm National Park provides the perfect backdrop. Upon disembarking, discover the wildlife and endangered animals of the Scottish mountains on a drive in the Highland Wildlife Park.
Head back to Edinburgh after breakfast for a relaxed afternoon. Why not get lost in the city’s cobbled alleyways, climb Arthur’s Seat, hear the tales of defence and conquest at Edinburgh Castle, or visit the Pitt Street Market for a local ale.
Stay: Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge
Your rail discovery of Scotland draws to an end. Cheerio, haste ye back.
General Terms & Conditions:
All prices and savings shown are in Australian currency. A limited number of offers are available until sold out. Not valid in conjunction with any other offers unless specified. Subject to availability. Available on new bookings only. May be withdrawn at any time. A non-refundable deposit of $200 per person is required within 3 days of booking. Full payment is required 100 days prior to departure.
Travel with Friends:
Save up to $200 per couple when six or more people book together on the same tour, and book that tour at the same time. Discount is combinable with launch offers and not combinable with any other group discount.