Who is Defence Escapes ?
Defence Escapes Pty Ltd (www.defenceescapes.com) is a group of travel websites. Defence Escapes is our accredited retail travel agency focused on providing the best priced holiday solutions for ex / serving Australian Defence Personnel including Veterans, Police, Ambulance, Fire Fighters and SES plus friends & families.
Defence Cruises is proud to be an Independent Australian Veteran owned business that serves you at home and internationally when you are deployed anywhere in the world.
We can set up that special reunion after your overseas deployment or maybe you simply you need a sanity break on a cruise somewhere.
Because of our back to basics ideology of giving you what you want, we have already made many friends and lots of repeat customers.
Defence Escapes Pty Ltd travel website group include:
- Defence Cruises (www.defencecruises.com.au)
- Defence Cover (www.defencecover.com.au), a travel insurance website tailored to the needs of the ADF member
- Motorcycle USA (www.motorcycleUSA.com.au) providing guided/self guided motorcycle touring and rentals in the USA. We mainly use Harley Davidson motorcycles.
The company was created from a passion of travel by Shane Nelson in 2007 and has been supplying leisure holidays and cruises for ex and serving Australian Defence Members including, not only their families, also friends.
From October 2018 we will provide the same service to all Police, Ambulance, Fire fighters & SES.
The ideology behind Defence Cruises, Defence Escapes and Motorcycle USA is not only to be an online travel agency, we are also readily available by phone and email and will go to extreme lengths to provide you the best travel agency experience . We understand the simple things needed by you when you want some well earned, valuable downtime.
As an Independent Australian Veteran owned Travel Agency, we have a mission to negotiate and provide the best exclusive prices and value “add ” on all aspects of travel including special rates for Ocean & River Cruising for our closed group members.
The success of Defence Escapes, Defence Cruise & Motorcycle USA is a result of the professionalism and care taken by our agents in making your holiday not only an easy process, the right price & also memorable.
Being a Veteran owned business, we understand the nuisances of the ADF leave cycle and requirements, in particular military deployments, RLLT / ROCTFA and how they can effect an already or intended holiday booking.
Importantly, we are accredited with the Australian Travel Agents Association (AFTA) and accredited by The Australian Travel Accreditation Scheme. (ATAS)
ABN: 91 639 849 765
- guided group and custom tours
- cruises, we have arranged special military on board credits for P&O, Princess & Cunard
- airline bookings
- packaged tours including island, motorcycle, diving, ski, surfing, trekking, etc.
- car / camper hire
- group travel
- custom travel insurance
…..anything to satisfy your holiday needs.
Who can use Defence Escapes?
Those entitled to use the services of Defence Escapes are listed below, along with their spouses:
- ADF, serving, ex, retiree, spouses
- Defence APS
- Defence contractors & associates (e.g.: BAE SYSTEMS, Boeing Defence, John Holland)
- Fire Fighters
- and of course all your friends & family
Why use the services of Defence Escapes for your leisure holiday?
Defence Escapes do not want to hide behind a website.
We want you to call or email us as we want Defence Escapes to be your choice of travel agent.
The ideology behind Defence Escapes not only to be online, but also readily available by phone and email .
We understand the simple things needed by you when you want some well earned, valuable downtime.
- NO AGENCY BOOKING FEES
- MILITARY EXCLUSIVE DEALS
- NO AGENCY FLIGHT CHANGE BOOKING FEES, we only charge a fee if we are charged by the airline.
- Great product at the right price.
- We know and understand RLTT and ROCTFA, so you wont ever have to sit in a travel agency again on a Saturday morning trying to explain these allowances again.
- We also understand the nature of deployments and how that can effect a booked holiday.